Act, Surrogacy (Regulation) of 2021
Posted on 26 August, 2023 by Administrator
THE SURROGACY (REGULATION) ACT, 2021
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
REGULATION OF SURROGACY CLINICS 3. Prohibition and regulation of surrogacy clinics. CHAPTER III
REGULATION OF SURROGACY AND SURROGACY PROCEDURES
4. Regulation of surrogacy and surrogacy procedures.
5. Prohibition of conducting surrogacy.
6. Written informed consent of surrogate mother.
7. Prohibition to abandon child born through surrogacy.
8. Rights of surrogate child.
9. Number of oocytes or human embryos to be implanted.
10. Prohibition of abortion.
REGISTRATION OF SURROGACY CLINICS
11. Registration of surrogacy clinics.
12. Certificate of registration.
13. Cancellation or suspension of registration .
15. Establishment of National Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Registry.
16. Application of provisions of Assisted Reproductive Technology Act with respect to National Registry.
NATIONAL ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY AND SURROGACY BOARD AND STATE ASSISTED
REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY AND SURROGACY BOARDS
17. Constitution of National Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Board.
18. Term of office of Members.
19. Meetings of Board.
20. Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of Board.
21. Disqualifications for appointment as Member.
22. Temporary association of persons with Board for particular purposes.
23. Authentication of orders and other instruments of Board.
24. Eligibility of Member for re-appointment.
25. Functions of Board.
26. Constitution of State Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy Board.
27. Composition of State Board.
28. Term of office of members.
29. Meetings of State Board.
30. Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of State Board.
31. Disqualifications for appointment as member.
32. Temporary association of persons with State Board for particular purposes.
33. Authentication of orders and other instruments of State Board.
34. Eligibility of member for re-appointment.
35. Appointment of appropriate authority.
36. Functions of appropriate authority.
37. Powers of appropriate authorities.
OFFENCES AND PENALTIES
38. Prohibition of commercial surrogacy, exploitation of surrogate mothers and children born through surrogacy.
39. Punishment for contravention of provisions of Act.
40. Punishment for not following altruistic surrogacy.
41. Penalty for contravention of provisions of Act or rules for which no specific punishment is provided.
42. Presumption in the case of surrogacy.
43. Offence to be cognizable, non-baliable and non-compoundable.
44. Cognizance of offences.
45. Certain provisions of Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 not to apply.
46. Maintenance of records.
47. Power to search and seize records, etc.
48. Protection of action taken in good faith.
49. Application of other laws not barred.
50. Power to make rules.
51. Power to make regulations.
52. Rules and regulations to be laid before Parliament.
53. Transitional provision.
54. Power to remove difficulties.
New blog posts
26 August, 2023 by Administrator
THE SURROGACY (REGULATION) ACT, 2021...
26 July, 2023 by EVELYN ELSA PHILIP
Visitation Rights in India: Balancing...
26 July, 2023 by Shaurya Singh
Introduction The principle of...